The Jane Goodall Instituut (JGI) is a worldwide nature conservation organisation, founded by Dr. Jane Goodall in 1977. By protecting chimpanzees and promoting action for the preservation of the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals and the environment. The organisation has chapters worldwide, also in Belgium since 2005.
In 1991 the Roots & Shoots programme was started; a worldwide network by and for young people. In dozens of countries across the world thousands of young people are already making the difference with their Roots & Shoots projects which focus on people, animals and the environment. It inspires, connects different cultures and backgrounds and provides empathic new leaders for the future. Through workshops and guest lectures given by volunteers, young people are encouraged to start a project themselves. We are looking for people with a heart for nature who would like to inspire young people to take action themselves.
Your tasks include:
- Giving workshops on different locations with different target groups (from 4 until about 25 years)
- Co-development of teaching materials
- Training new volunteers to give workshops
- Develop and implement campaigns together with other volunteers
- Supporting events such as the yearly tree planting actions
- Supporting the launch of new Roots & Shoots groups
- Supporting communication for social media and website
- Organizational and systematic insight
- Enthusiastic, proactive and enterprising
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Passionate about animals, nature and Jane Goodall’s ideas
- Enthusiastic in dealing with children and young people, experience in working with youth is a plus
- Dutch and/or French is no problem and you have a good knowledge of English
- You have time to actively engage within the organization
- A volunteer experience in a small non-profit organization that relies on the commitment of more than 50 volunteers and an executive director, under the watchful eye of an active board
- Flexibility: the number of hours can be discussed
- A pleasant team where mutual respect and and a postive attutude are essential
Mail your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.