What is your pledge?
No Waste November is a month-long event that supports and empowers individuals and institutions to tackle a waste form in their own communities to create positive global impact.
We are inviting you to join the movement, make a pledge and commit to it for a whole month, but also to invite others to follow your example.
This year we aim to pursue a Low Waste Lifestyle and want to encourage you to take up a challenge for one month to reduce your waste. Challenge your lifestyle for the sake of our beautiful planet 🙂
How does it work?
- You accept a challenge for one month, big or small, to reduce your waste and commit to it.
Challenges can take many forms, depending on local issues and individual passions. Here are a few examples for you to get inspired:
– Use public transportation, walking and cycling as many times a week as possible.
– Organize to carpool with your friends and neighbors for 3 days a week.
– Plan to go car free for two days a week.
– Buy from local producers during this month, especially food.
– Reduce your meat consumption.
– Meal plan one or two times a week to avoid food waste.
– Go for a no spend month, only the basics and use what you already have.
– Say no to single use plastic like bags, straws and cups.
– Use your talent to transform 3 old pieces of clothes into new ones during this month.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram! There, we will be raising awareness over consumption and how to implement a low waste lifestyle.
- Participate in easy daily tasks from our calendar.
- Share your challenge with your friends and family.
- We encourage you to post on social media and share your experience. You can use this card for your posts. Don’t forget to tag #NWN.
- Tag #NWNaccomplished when you have finished the one month challenge!
- Celebrate your positive impact on our beautiful planet
Roots & Shoots held its 6th global leadership gathering at the Windsor Castle in July 2019. 26 youth leaders pledged and joined #NoWasteNovember challenge:
Photo credits: No Waste November / Video created by Tessina Strelow